Property Taxes and Assessment

If property owners have not received their notice by May, they must ask the Town Office for their tax information and make payment before June 30.

The Town of Sundre Taxation Services Department:
  • Assists our Assessment Services Contractor to provide fair, equitable property assessment
  • Issues Tax/Assessment Notices for collecting municipal, education and other requisitioned taxes
  • Administers the Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP)
  • Responds to taxpayer inquiries

Tax Rates [dollars per $1000 of assessment]:
   2023  2024
 Residential/ Farmland   10.4001 10.4915
 Non-Residential 15.2593 15.9160
 Non-Residential- Designated Industrial  15.3339 15.9925

As a taxpayer you are entitled to see or receive sufficient information about your property under Section 299 of the Municipal Government Act and/or a summary of comparable assessments within the municipality (Section 300).  Please submit Requests for Assessment information and/or summaries in writing (by email or letter) or deliver requests to the Town office to allow staff time to respond within 15 days. 

Tax/Assessment Notices are issued in May each year and are due by June 30th, unless you have signed an agreement with the Town of Sundre to participate in the monthly Tax Installment Payment Plan (TIPP) (download form below).
Taxpayers in Alberta who disagree with their assessment value on their notice, may file a formal assessment complaint to go to an appeal hearing before the Central Alberta Regional Assessment Review Board.  A formal Assessment Complaint must be filed within 60 days of Date of Assessment Notice shown on our notices.


The Central Alberta Regional Assessment Appeal Board handles assessment appeals to question the assessed property value while the Town of Sundre will address questions and complaints about the tax dollars being charged on your notice.


For details about how to appeal your assessment value use this link:



For more information on the processes governing Property Assessment and Taxation:

Visit or call our office at (403) 638-3551 if you wish to speak to a person about your tax and assessment notice.