#1, 101-2 Avenue NW
The COVID-19 public health crisis is cause for frequent changes to operations of recreational facilities. We apologize in advance if the information on our webpage does not reflect the changes accurately. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
COVID-19 Update Effective February 9, 2021
Children’s sport and performance activities: All participants must be 18 years old or younger, except coaches or trainers.
- Only one-on-one training, one-on-household, or small group (maximum 10 individuals total, this includes coaches/trainers) sport development sessions are allowed at this time. One-on-household training would see siblings living in the same home attend with certified trainer during the same time.
- Bookings are required; no drop-in rentals will be permitted.
- Bookings will only be accepted where a professional, certified, and/or paid trainer is in attendance. Passive supervision is not considered training as per AHS regulations. Proof of certification must be produced upon AHS inspection.
- Physical distancing must be maintained between participants at all times:
- 3-meters (9 feet) physical distance for indoor activities.
- Coaches or trainers may enter physical distancing space for brief interactions with participants (for example, to correct form or technique)
- Masks are mandatory while entering and exiting the facility, in dressing rooms, and common areas.
- Participant must be masked at all times, except during the training activity.
- Coaches and trainers must remain masked at all times.
Both the Community Centre and Arena can accommodate family/household rentals.
For more information or clarification please contact: 403-994-7061
Issues or concerns please contact:
Community Services Department 403-638-2042
COVID-19 Arena Users Guidelines
The Sundre Arena
The Sundre Arena is home to Sundre Minor Hockey (SMH), Sundre Fun League, Sundre Skating Club and a variety of local adult hockey teams. Our concession is leased out to SMH with all funds going towards their club. The clubroom offers an aerial view of the ice surface, a perfect spot to watch a hockey game or skating performance from the comfort of a heated room.
The arena and clubroom are available for rent to businesses, residents and community members for birthday parties, wind up parties, cabarets, fundraisers, trade shows, meetings and conferences. Please see our Fee Schedule for costs. The clubroom offers dim lighting, a white board, a sound system with cordless mic., and a kitchen sink with coffee pot.
The Arena opens its doors for ice loves the week after Thanksgiving every year and closes its doors the last week in March. We invite anyone in the community to come out and cheer on our local teams. Ice Allocation is held annually in June, so if you are interested in booking some ice time for the winter season contact the Community Services Department at 403-638-2042
For more information on Town Owned indoor and outdoor facilities or to make a booking request please contact the Community Services Department at
Full Arena Schedules (Updated November 20, 2020)