The Garbage & Recycling function is managed by Sundre's Operations Department; however, it contracts the Environmental 360 to provide garbage and compost pick-up services for the Town.
Did You Know...
If you dispose of the wrong materials in your green bin, the entire load for your area may be dumped into the landfill instead of being made into earth-friendly compost. This greatly increases disposal costs for the entire town and fills up our landfill.
Solid Waste relates to garbage and compost collection for residential homes. This function is managed by the Town's Operational Services Department; however, Environmental 360 has been contracted to provide garbage and compost pick-up services for the Town. Mountain View Regional Waste Management Commission operates the Eco-site / Transfer Station.
The Mountain View Regional Waste Management Commission was formed in 2001 to coordinate the management and disposal of solid waste for the municipalities within the Mountain View County area.
Inquiries may be directed to the Transfer Station at (403) 638-4306, or to MVRWMC at (403) 335-4901. The Town of Sundre does not operate/manage the Eco-Site/Transfer Station.
Hours of Operation:
Friday 9 am to 4:30 pm
Saturday 9 am to 4:30 pm
1.6 km east on Hwy 27 and 1.6 km south on Rand Road 5.1
Your black cart is for your non-hazardous household waste. The black bin is meant for most things that cannot go into your compost and recycling carts.
Your waste should be bagged and securely tied when placed in the black cart.
Periodically rinse your cart with a hose to keep it clean
If your bin is full before the scheduled pick up, extra garbage bags can be purchased at the Town Office for $4.00 + GST per bag. These extra bags will be collected on the same day as the black carts.
Your blue cart is for mixed recyclables including paper, cardboard products and plastics.
- Keep recyclables loose in your blue cart.
- All recyclables should be clean and free of debris.
- Flatten & break down all cardboard and boxboard.
|Accepted Recycling Materials||Materials Not Accepted in Blue Bin|
Your green cart is for yard waste, food scraps & other organic material.
- Periodically rinse your cart with a hose to keep it clean.
- Ensure the lid is closed, this assists in reducing spills and odours and discourages pests.
- Line the bottom of your bin with newspaper- this will reduce the chance of your compost freezing to the inside of the cart during winter months.
- Try to avoid packing the organics down in the cart. The material may become stuck.
- When bagging your organics, ensure the bags are compostable only. Biodegradable bags are not the same as compostable and cannot be used.
|Acceptable Materials||Unacceptable Materials|