Grow Your Business In Sundre
Sundre Economic Development manages projects, conducts advertising and promotions, administers special programs, and develops strategic partnerships to help improve the area's quality of life and develop an environment conducive to investment.
Download the Economy and Industry Spotlight Booklet for a concise and easy to read explanation of Sundre's economic sectors and investment climate. Economic and Industry Spotlight Booklet (published 2020)
Sundre Economic Development Core Service Areas
- Community Development
- Business Development
- Tourism Development
- Business Licensing
Make the Most of Sundre's Benefits to Business.
- FAST and EASY development decisions with our streamlined in-house process. There is NO Municipal Planning Commission.
- Ultra diversified economy, centered in Forestry, Oil & Gas, Health and Education, Tourism and Retail, and Cannabis production.
- With all amenities and services, access to nature, and an abundance of recreation, Sundre offers a super quality of living.
- With access to quality infrastructure and resources, you can get what you need to get done.
- A continuously expanding quality workforce.
- Sundre features a low cost of living, especially vis a vis cities like Calgary or Edmonton.
- 93 kms to Calgary (town limit to town limit); 1 hour 20 mins downtown to downtown.
- At less than 8% by number of square feet vacant, Sundre features a comparatively low commercial vacancy rate (C1 district, downtown).
- 7.3 Million Average annual daytime traffic on Highway 27 through town. Centre St. and Main Ave sees 9+ million vehicles per year.
- With over 2000 campsites within ten minutes of town, the area summertime population increases by over 4000 people.
- 2,800 Town population
- 8,000 Trade area population
- 12,000 Summertime population
Sundre Economic Development Investor Services
- Site selection process assistance
- Business training and workshops
- Investor networking and recruitment
- Concierge facilitation through the stages of the investment process
For local investment and business development data, visit GrowSundre.com
For tourism and visitation info, visit ExploreSundre.com
For more information, contact:
Economic Development Officer
403-638-3551 ext #111