Legislative Services is the link between Town Council, Administration and the community. Legislative Services supports Council’s governance framework and decision-making processes and acts as the primary contact regarding Town Council business. Legislative Services also supports numerous legislative functions such as appeals, policies, access and privacy, elections, annual census, appointments and support to Council Committees.
General Hours of Operation
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Closed Statutory Holidays
Main Contact Information
Main Phone Line: 403-638-3551 Fax: 403-638-2100
◦ Manage procedures and process, including council agendas
◦ Record and communicate decisions
◦ Provide media/public relations services for Council
◦ Record and review decisions of Committees of Council
◦ Management of Council and Town policy based on the Town’s governance framework
◦ Manage Councillor budgets and administrative requirements
◦ Act as Returning Officer; conduct and report results for municipal and school board elections and plebiscites
◦ Act as Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (FOIP) coordinator, including receiving and administering all FOIP requests
◦ Provide custody and maintenance of all Town Bylaws, Records and Minutes, and the Town seal
◦ Conduct and report the municipal census