Sundre Votes October 16
Get information on the election, how to run, and how to vote by clicking on the header above.
Welcome to Sundre!
Nestled in the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, Sundre has a compelling history and a promising future. Though our roots are firmly planted in farming & ranching, Sundre's personality today also includes an interesting mix of "hard-working, blue-collar town" and "holiday-vibe tourism destination".
On the industry side, much of our local business revolves around servicing the oil & gas sector, while Sundre Forest Products remains the single largest employer for the community.
And a tourism destination? With its proximity to the mountains and all the adventure and nature-based tourism opportunities that come with that, its first-class golf courses, and its beautiful setting on the Red Deer River, Sundre attracts both short and long-term visitors. While some use the town as a base for exploring the great West Country for a weekend or a week, others have made Sundre their summer home-away-from-home. Though our year-round population is about 2700 residents, that number swells by thousands with more than 1000 RV lots located in and around Sundre.
As a place to put down your own roots, Sundre offers you:
- a fabulous location with easy access to larger centres such as Red Deer and Calgary
- a beautifully-treed riverside setting, and easy access to a Rocky Mountain playground
- trails, parks and a good variety of recreation facilities and options
- solid health services and education system, K - 12
- a safe community in which to raise your family
- a welcoming attitude that quickly adopts and embraces newcomers
A place that just feels like "home".