2018 Greenwood Campground Host/Caretaker
The Town of Sundre is currently accepting applications for a Host/Caretaker for the Greenwood Campground. This position will be on contract from May 1st to September 30, 2018 and oversee the overall health and maintenance of the campground while providing excellent customer service. A free full service campsite is provided, but the Host must provide their own camping unit. Host is required to reside on-site for the operating season.
Although campsite bookings will begin in January 1, 2018 (email basis only), a cell phone will be provided to the Host to receive and confirm reservation requests for the Host Contract Season.
Greenwood campground is located along the Red Deer River, downtown Sundre with 32 sites: Host 1 site, Full Service 2 sites, Power Only 17 sites, Unserviced 12 sites, picnic table per site, fire pit per site, bathrooms (flush/showers & outhouse), central pressure water supply, cookhouse, firewood, sani-station, playground, day use area.
Host must enjoy meeting people and making them feel at home in the park. Candidates must be responsible, physically fit, possess good communication skills, good manners and helpful attitude.
- Daily washhouse cleaning
- Daily camp kitchen cleaning
- Site Cleanup (Parking pad, Landscape, Fire Pit)
- Garbage and Recycling care
- Ground Maintenance (Whipping grass)
- Stacking Wood (Ability to carry 10 lbs. & stack 2 cords of wood at a time)
- Manage phone and provide call back within 24 hours
- Taking reservations, checking guest in, taking payment
- Campground Security and Vandalism Control
- Hold a valid drivers license
- First Aid
- Previous experience in campground management and maintenance
Deadline for applications is 4:00 pm, Monday, March 5, 2018.Ian James, Community Services ManagerPO Box 420#4, 96 – 2nd Av NWSundre, AB T0M 1X0Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants in advance, but only those applicants chosen for interviews will be contacted.